Friday, February 13, 2009

CARTER!


Today is Carter's 8th birthday! I can't believe that it was eight years ago he was born! Where did all the time go? Carter is the most amazing young man! He is kind and funny and generous. He is smart and unbelievably imaginative and creative! His teacher told me just this morning that Carter is so honest that they call him Honest Abe! She said anytime she needs to know what actually happened, she asks Carter. She said he even told her once that it wasn't all the other kids doing something they weren't supposed to, it was just him! He is caring and a fantastic big brother. I can't wait to see him with a little sister. His big brown eyes are so full of excitement and curiosity, that I always wonder what's going on in that head of his! I am so thankful for Carter and for the way he chooses to live his life. One day he came home and told me he wanted to buy gifts for all his Sunday school teachers and all the kids in his class. We went right then and bought flowers for teachers and he picked out toys at the dollar store for all the kids in his class and then we delivered each one! He has a heart like no other! I love him so very much and could not be prouder to be his mom! Happy Birthday Carter!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy 8th, Carter!!!

Ashlee said...

Are you sure he's really 8? I don't think that's possible. I remember when he was born. Surely he's only 3 and you just mistakenly typed 8, right???