Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's really happening!!

Well, we are officially traveling September 4th to go get little Ms. Maya Sitota!!! The tickets are purchased, guest home booked ( www.ethiopiaguesthome.com ), and packing started!! I can't believe it! We got updates on Sitota this week and her birth certificate and court documents. She is really our daughter! Funny story: Since we received our referral I have thought and talked about her birthday as being in May and that she was now 15 months old, well . . . . I forgot that in most of the world when you write dates you list the day first and then the month. Her birthday is really in June and she is only 14 months old!!!! We just gained an extra month with her!! I've lost my mind!!! What ever her birthday, she is beautiful and smiley and ready to be loved on by her family ( I hope she can handle all the love because it is going to be alot!!!).

2 comments:

Shawn and Jami said...

Yay! Happy Travels:0 Enjoy your time in Ehtiopia, it will be life changing.

Shelley said...

How funny! So when is her actual birthday??