Monday, September 7, 2009

News from Addis from Sharon and Keith

We made it!! Everything went so great on the flights, bags made it everything was on time, movies were good!! We are in a wonderful guest house and the country is amazing. The people are beautiful and kind. It is exactly as I imagined from the crazy roads to the goats in the road, even the smells and noises. Although the rooster across the street (literally) we could do without!! Keith is praying for hail again!! Addis is surrounded by mountains and is beautiful. It is between 60 and 70 degrees here!! We met Sitota today!! She was even more beautiful than her pictures! She obviously knew something was going on. When we arrived we were greeted by the older children with hugs and handshakes, they are amazing, some of you need to start your paperwork and come get them!!! We went upstairs to the baby room and everyone was saying Sitota, Sitota. She was standing beside her caregiver and when she saw us she slid behind her caregiver's legs!! She was hiding!! We sat down on the floor and played with the other children and then her caregiver put her on the floor. She cried, so I picked her up and she cried for a few seconds more, then she was very quiet. She kept one hand over one eye most of the day, hiding! She only cried when I put her down, so I held her until she fell asleep. She is very sweet. She woke up when I tried to put her in her bed so we let her lay there for awhile and then I picked her back up and we played a little and then I gave her to Keith and he held her and sang to her. He sat down and gave her a bottle and she just watched everything, very content. Tigist, the orphanage director's oldest daughter, braided my hair and she sat with Keith and watched the whole time. Keith gave her back to me and I held her while she finished her bottle and then she fell asleep. We passed her back to her care giver and said goodbye for the day. She is amazing and we can't wait to go back to day and she her. Hopefully, she will warm up a little more today and want to play, if not, we will just hold her and love on her some more!!

6 comments:

Shelley said...

I am in tears and amazed at GOD! I cant wait to meet her!! I am so thrilled to see how God is working thus far. We will continue to pray for safe travels. Love on that sweet baby until we all get to meet her in H-town :) Love you all!

Betsy said...

Ahhhh!!! So exciting!!!!! I am so glad it went well - so thankful that she is well and that the trip went well. God is good - all the time!!! Keep the updates coming!! We will keep prayers flowing for continued successes all around!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So exciting to get some news! I'm glad you are there...tell everyone Hi! I miss it so much!

Donna said...

I have chill bumps and tears and smiles!!! So deeply happy for yall. I am coming to get one soon I hope!!! We got news that our dossier will arrive in Ethiopia while yall are there!!
I have been praying for yall- sleep, health, bonding, peace. Blessings to you and your family.

Shawna Cozby said...

This is an amazing story. Gives me chills. I pray that you all have a safe trip home...can't wait to meet Sitota....Wish we could see some pictures....God is good!
love,
Shawna

Cyndi said...

Sharon, all of you have been in my thoughts constantly the past few days... and I'm lifting you up in prayer. What an amazing thing is happening right now!! It's hard to believe this was us a year ago... it seems like he's always been with us. It's so true that "what has been is lost in what will be." Praying for bonding and transition in the days to come. Love y'all!!!