Monday, September 14, 2009

We're home!!!

We're home!!! I can't believe it! What an amazing journey! Ethiopia is an incredible place, the people are some of the most beautiful in the world and absolutely the most generous and humble. I will put more pictures on and add much more as the days come. Funny thing we learned on about day 3 after being very frustrated we could not do anything with our blog. The government of Ethiopia, for whatever reason, has blocked all blogspot addresses!!! It was also the rainy season and so the power was off at least every other day! Anyway, things are great, Maya Sitota is loving her brothers and very attached to mommy! She loves daddy, too and thinks he's very funny! We are all so grateful to be together! One funny story, tonight as we all held hands to pray at dinner, Carter reached out his hand to Maya and she put a green bean in it!! The boys thought it was hilarious!!! Let me also say how humbling and wonderful it was to see everyone at the airport! We love you all so much and really can't express how much it meant to see your faces and share your hugs! Thank you and I'll try to get pictures on here tomorrow!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Welcome back!! I saw Amy's pics on Facebook. I cried of course. So happy for all of you!!! Praising God for all He has done.

kristi said...

How wonderful. I have seen Betsy's pictures and also your pictures while you were there. Maya is so beautiful and she looks like she fits perfectly on your hip. Let me know what size she is wearing. We have lots of hand-me-downs if she is the right size.

Betsy said...

SO GLAD you're home - let me know if you need anything. She's just lovely - can't wait to get to know her!!!!!