Friday, September 12, 2008

Paperwork!!!

We'll we're working on what's called our dossier! Basically, it is mounds of paperwork! Everything from a letter from the Sherriff to our birth certificates, to reference letters, bank letters, doctor's letters, it's a ton! All of these things then have to be notarized and once all of it is together then we have to drive it to Austin and get it authenticated by the Secretary of State! We also have to be fingerprinted! Once all of that is done then we send it to Washington to the Secretary of State and to the Country's Embassy from which we are adopting. I am now officially going to be organized!! Following a great tip from another family adopting, I am buying a big fat binder to keep everything inside and organized! It is really coming together!

I read two wonderful blogs last night, one about another family from our agency who is in Africa meeting their new nine year old son! He will be coming home with them on the 18th! Another from a family (also with our agency) who had their match meeting this week and got to see their new son and daughter! It is so wonderful to see these children finally be connected with their new families! It is amazing!! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Jennifer L said...

K and S,
Please don't give up on us...we have been delinquent friends! I've enjoyed your blog! This sounds like a "dog ate my homework" type story...but I've been w/o my computer for over a month -- which has your phone numbers in it! Anyway, we have loved your emails, messages, etc. And I PROMISE I will call you after the weekend. I have my computer back now. We are speaking this weekend, here in Jacksonville -- so, give me a couple of more days, and you'll hear from me. It has been wonderful to see pics of your family! If I remember, Dakota and our Caleb are just one day apart in age! And we are THRILLED about the new addition to your family. We couldn't be happier for you and we wait with you in anticipation. We will call soon. Love, Jennifer for the rest of the Lyles crew